Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hi! I'm Maggie.


Hey everybody! My name is Maggie and I am the Office Manager here at Red Earth Trading Co.  I help with anything going on around the office or lend a hand in everything from tagging product to setting up house parties.  My main responsibilities are to keep everyone organized, maintain the finances, and work on everything else administrative. 


My story with Red Earth begins quite a while back even though RETCo. is a newer company.  As soon as I graduated from college with a degree in Psychology I had the desire to travel and see new places and learn about different cultures.  I began my travels by taking the excruciating 18 hour flight to Australia with my best friend.  When I returned home, I knew that trip had sparked something in my life that would affect who I was to become.  A few years later I decided to live abroad in Cyprus, a small island in the Mediterranean Sea, where I attended a small discipleship program. From there I traveled to Israel, Germany, and Greece.  All together I was abroad seven months. This trip added fuel to the fire and really ignited my passions for seeing the beauty in cultures and countries other than my own.  I knew that my life would be spent doing whatever I could to help and serve others.




In February 2009, Travis and I met and in October 2009, we were married.  We quickly learned that we shared the same passion for helping others and seeing others lives changed for the better.  I started helping with Global Support Mission and now with Red Earth Trading Co.  Earlier this year we went to Uganda and Kenya for two and a half months.  Even though I had only heard stories about these places, when I got there I felt at home.  I was so moved by the kindness and joy in the hearts of the people that we began to meet and work with.  What I love most about what we do is being able to capture beauty and stories from a different culture and bring that back to the US.  Whether it be the actual jewelry or the story of a persons' life transformed, it makes me really excited to see where this will take us all. 

Maggie
Office Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment